EU Driving Licences and how to Buy Driving License Malta:
Buy Driving License Malta: Holders of a valid driving licence issued by any EU/EEA member state can drive in Malta without the need for additional permits. They can also choose to exchange their driving licence for a Maltese licence if they have been legally resident in Malta for a minimum of 185 days.
Non-EU Driving Licences:
Holders of Swiss or Australian licences have the same rights as drivers holding a licence issued by an EU Member State. Any holder of a valid non-EU driving licence is permitted to drive in Malta for a maximum of 12 months following their arrival in the country. After this time they must possess a Maltese licence.
Exchanging a Driving Licence and where to Buy Malta driving licence:
Buy Malta driving licence: To exchange a foreign driver’s licence for a Maltese licence, applicants must have been resident in Malta for at least 185 days in the previous 12 months. To apply to exchange a licence, the following documents should be taken to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Unit in Floriana or Gozo:
For holders of a driving licence issued by an EU member state or Switzerland: an application form for the Exchange of a European Driving Licence (PDF) (for licences issued by EU/EEA member states or Switzerland)
- For holders of an Australian driver’s licence: an application form for the Exchange of an Australian Driving Licence (PDF). Holders of an Australian licence will also need verification of the validity of the driving licence signed by the Australian Authorities
- One colour passport photograph
- Identity card
- The EU or foreign licence to exchange
Buy Malta driving licence: Once the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Unit has confirmed with the appropriate authorities that the applicant’s original licence is valid, a letter is issued to the applicant confirming that the licence can be exchanged.
After receipt of the confirmation letter, applicants should return to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Unit in Floriana or Gozo with:
- Their original EU/Swiss/Australian driving licence
- For holders of an Australian licence, verification of the validity of the driving licence signed by the Australian Authorities
- The fee for the Maltese licence